This workbook will help children learn to read and write words phonetically, including common blends, digraphs and vowel sound alternatives. It also shows how rhyming and sounding out words can be used to help with spellings.
Covers National Curriculum requirements.
Phonics areas covered include:
- sh, ch, th Words 2
- fl, st, br, tr, cl Words 3
- Phonics 4 (long oo or short oo, ay, ow, sp sm sn)
- Word-Building 8 (qu, str, mp nd)
- Phonics – Missing Sounds in Words
- Phonics 12 (air ear er, ou ow, oi oy)
- Sounding Out Words – Spellings
- Rhyming Words
(real/nonsense words, ake, ock, ad, ate, ine, eep, ice, ook)
- Long Vowel Sounds
- Phonics (vowel sounds alternatives)
- Sound Flashcards