Grammar Workbook 1 (7-9 Years)
Activities to practice and reinforce key skills taught in school. Develops knowledge and confidence in writing.
Clear examples and explanations included. Keep track of progress and encourage self evaluation using the progress charts. Covers National Curriculum requirements. Answers included.
Topics covered include:
- Verbs All Around
- Using Verbs in a Sentence
- Sorting Adjectives
- Using Adjectives in a Sentence
- Joining Adjectives to Nouns
- Noun Phrases – At the Supermarket
- Expanded Noun Phrases Toys, Toys, Toys
- Expanded Noun Phrases – Story Walk
- Does it Make Sense? Sentences
- What Are Vowels and Consonants?
- Vowel and Consonant Hunt
- A or an?
- When To Use A or An?
- Adjectives to Adverbs
- Adverbs 1
- Using Verbs and Adverbs in a Sentence (1)
- Antonyms Story
- Alliteration – Alphabet Challenge
- Pronouns 1
- What is a Determiner?
- Vocabulary Extension – Reach for the Stars (Verbs)
- Vocabulary Extension – Reach for the Stars (Adjectives)
- Words to Use Instead of ‘said’
- Making Sentences More Interesting (1)