Grammar 6-7 Years
Activities to practice and reinforce key skills taught in school. Develops knowledge and confidence in writing.
Clear examples and explanations included. Keep track of progress and encourage self evaluation using the progress charts. Covers National Curriculum requirements. Answers included.
Topics covered include:
- Proper Nouns
- Nouns All Around
- Choose the Right Verb
- Verbs – What Are They Doing?
- Adjectives – Describing Words (1)
- Adjectives – Describing Words (2)
- Adjectives – Describing Words (3)
- Nouns and Adjectives
- Describing a Noun
- Noun Phrases – Adjectives and Nouns
- Describing – What Do They Look Like?
- Adjectives – Using ‘er’ and ‘est’
- Using Adjectives With ‘er’ or ‘est’
- Joining Words
- Finish the Sentence – and, or, but
- Finish the Sentence – when, if, that, because
- Compound Sentences
- Compound Sentences – Practise
- Does it Make Sense? Using Verbs Correctly
- Past and Present Tense (1)
- Past and Present Tense (2)
- Check Your Work – Tenses
- Check Your Work (1)
- Questions and Answers (1)
- Questions and Answers – Full Sentences (2)
- Writing Questions for Answers