Grammar Workbook 1 (9-11 Years)
Literacy activities to practice and reinforce key skills taught in school. Develops knowledge and confidence in writing.
Clear examples and explanations included. Keep track of progress and encourage self evaluation using the progress charts. Covers National Curriculum requirements. Answers included.
Topics covered include:
- Main Clauses and Phrases (1)
- Clauses and Phrases (2)
- Conjunctions (1)
- Learning to Use Different Conjunctions (2)
- Learning to Use Different Conjunctions (3)
- What is it Modifying? (noun, verb, adjective, adverb)
- Using Modifiers to Improve Sentences
- Using Determiners
- Modal Verbs 1
- Modal Verbs 2
- What is Direct and Reported Speech?
- Direct Speech to Reported Speech
- Reported Speech to Direct Speech
- Using Similes
- Metaphors – Match the Sentence to the Metaphor
- Metaphors – Adding Metaphors to a Sentence
- Idioms and Phrases