Grammar Workbook 2 (7-9 Years)
Activities to practice and reinforce key skills taught in school. Develops knowledge and confidence in writing.
Clear examples and explanations included. Keep track of progress and encourage self evaluation using the progress charts. Covers National Curriculum requirements. Answers included.
Topics covered include:
- Adjectives to Adverbs
- Adverbs 2
- Writing Interesting Sentences – Adjectives and Adverbs
- Using Verbs and Adverbs in a Sentence (2)
- Pronouns 2
- Pronouns – Singular and Plural
- Choose a Determiner
- What is 1st, 2nd, 3rd Person?
- Sentences – 1st Person to 3rd Person
- Sentences – 3rd Person to 1st Person
- Learning to Use Different Connectives (1)
- Using Connectives in a Sentence
- Modifiers – Noun Modifiers
- Modifiers as Adjectives
- Modifiers as Adverbs (1)
- Modifiers as Adverbs (2)
- Making Sentences More Interesting (2)
- Complex Sentences – Relative Clauses
- Complex Sentences – Adverbial Clauses
- Complex Sentences – Adverbial Clauses and Speech
- Simple, Compound, Complex Sentences
- What is a Simile?
- How to Use a Simile in a Sentence
- Metaphors – Find the Metaphors
- Metaphors – What Do They Mean?
- Alliteration – Number Challenge